This class offers in depth knowledge and hands on experience throwing on the pottery wheel. You will learn basic skills of wedging clay, centering, raising and shaping basic forms. Step-by-step demonstration allows students to familiarize with the wheel and able to sit down and go through the process of throwing. All materials, tools and supplies will be given to use in the studio. You get to take home your very own handmade pot.
How the Workshop conducted?
1) Get your hands messy with 90 minutes of pottery workshop ideal for beginner or experience potter. This class is also ideal for those who wants to join our weekly pottery classes but wants to try first.
2) You will experience how to throw cylinder or pot on a pottery wheel
3) Instructor will explain process of making pottery
4) We will provide all tools and supply including clay
5) The instructor will give a step by step demonstration and guide you about how to center the clay on wheel, pulling cylinder and forming pot from cylinder
6) After clean up you can take your piece home or come back for glazing with additional charge